Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Reading: What’s on your list?

I love summertime.

And summer reading.

This summer, I have some extra reading on my list. Since I will be teaching full time at Spring Hill Christian Academy next fall, I’m pouring over the teacher’s editions for an English class, American history class, and three computer classes.

Today, I read about the Lost Colony and the one, cryptic clue left concerning the fate of those first settlers; the Plymouth Pilgrims and Mayflower Compact; and don't forget Pocahontas and Squanto. 

Who says history is boring?

Aside from “required reading,” I'm also chipping away at the list below. My goal is to finish by August. 
  • C.S. Lewis’s Space Trilogy (fiction/fantasy)
  • Jen Hatmaker’s Seven (devotional) – If you're interested, check out my review.
  • Dani Pettrey’s Shattered (fiction/suspense) – This is the sequel to Submerged, which I reviewed back in January.
  • Chris Guillibeau’s $100 Startup (business) – Read his book The Art of Non-Conformity first. He is a secular author with some practical, brilliant ideas. 
  • Elisabeth Elliot’s Keep a Quiet Heart (devotional) – I’ve read it twice, but it’s just that good.
  • Another book or two from Dee Henderson’s O’Malley Series (fiction/suspense)
I’m half way through the list, and once I’m done, I’ll be able to add more.

What does your summer reading list look like? What “must reads” would you recommend?

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing a lot of fun reading this summer. The ODD THOMAS series of books by Koontz, books of Brad Meltzer and a good chunk of Christian fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Christian fiction are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your second book :)
    the book of jotham
    a pius man
    to start...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm excited to hear you've picked up book 2. Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete