Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thank you for being amazing

Last week, I realized the power of a thank you. It was teacher appreciation week, and in the midst of some student drama, one of my seventh graders gave me a note that said, “Thank you for being… an amazing teacher!”

It melted my heart and made me want to cry. AT LEAST ONE OF THEM SEES I CARE AND AM NOT JUST A DICTATOR TELLING THEM NOT TO TALK OUT OF TURN IN CLASS.

Today is Mother’s Day, and I am so very thankful for the mom God has given me! Regardless of how close you are with your mom, if you are still blessed to have her with you, find a way to tell her thank you.

It doesn’t have to be fancy, and it doesn’t have to be flowers (which I actually can’t give my mom because she’s allergic).

A simple thank you can go deeper than you may ever know.

So, Mom, thank you for everything! You are my mentor, friend, counselor, teacher, shoulder-to-cry on, walking partner, assistant grader, bulletin-boards-for-school savior, and so much more!

Thank you for being amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment